In May of 2010 I got a call from my Dr. which I hardly ever go to see. She informed me that my cholesterol was 300 and my AC1 was 6.3 when it should be 5.6. That makes me a borderline type 2 diabetic. The diabetes statement didn't bother me because I knew I could control it with diet, however the cholesterol shook me up a bit.
My dad passed from an massive heart attack, and my mother had diabetes. To be told at a little over a month after turning 46 and 164 lb at 5'6" I was pretty avg and it could be genetic ticked me off. It was like being told I had no control over what my body decided to do. Bullhocky!
I had looked into living an Alkaline lifestyle a few yrs back when I was selling a product called the Ph Factor. It had to do with weight loss and keeping your body alkaline and disease free. Now I have chosen to take control of my body. So I am sharing my own recipes and more with you my reader. Life doesn't have to be hard unless we wish it to be.
To your health and mine. Enjoy
PS: Since the start of this blog my body has dropped close to 20 lbs and I have gone from a size 12 to a size 8. That is the result of the eating change alone, no additional exercise. Oh and I don't work out lol
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please let me know think of the recipes that you have tried.